Established in January 2015 as the sustainable transportation committee of the Alberni Valley Transition Town Society, Cycle Alberni brings together bike advocates from across sectors to collaborate on and promote cycling initiatives in Port Alberni.
Initiatives to date have included:
- Active Transportation Plan Review
- Bike Safety Videos
- Bike to Work & School Week
- Bike to School Education Pilot Project
- Hosting “Critical Mass” rides
- Port Alberni Cycling Map
- Port Alberni Bike Rack Map
- Raising awareness about Bike Theft and Hazard Mapping
- Riderless Bikes
- Supporting “Ride Don’t Hide,” City of Port Alberni bike lane development, and the YPAV Community Bike Rack Project
Click on the links in green above to learn more about these initiatives.
For more information contact Cycle Alberni Chair:
John Mayba, djmayba(at)telus(dot)net