Inspired by Shaun Loney’s book “An Army of Problem Solvers; Reconciliation and the Solutions Economy”, Alberni Valley Transition Town Society is part of a group seeking to widen the community discussion about Social Enterprise and what the ‘Solutions Economy’ looks like in Port Alberni.
As Shaun Loney’s says: Let’s “redefine prosperity to something broader, deeper, and more inclusive than simply economic growth (p. 147, An Army of Problem Solvers).”
As a leader of the “solutions economy” Shaun thinks from outside the box and promotes the idea that poverty has no causes; it is simply the absence of prosperity.
Read more about Shaun Loney in his bio here.
What is the program:
- Build a conversation with Shaun Loney and existing community organizations about possibility and potential for Port Alberni. See ‘Problem Solver Profiles’ for examples to inspire thought and local connection.
- Public address: Thursday, November 30th, 7pm, at Echo Centre
- Seminar: Friday morning, December 1st, 9am, at Tseshaht Administration Building for interested parties to explore the integration of Shaun’s vision and principles with social and economic development activities in this region. Registration fee, $20 at the door.
- See where the conversation goes!
Who Should attend?
Individuals and groups interested in health, First Nations, education, social justice, and economic development.
- City of Port Alberni Economic Development
- Alberni-Clayoquot Health Network
- Alberni Valley United Church
- Alberni Valley Transition Town Society
- AV Social Planning Council
- Alberni Retired Teachers Association
- Tseshaht First Nation
- Hupacasath First Nation
- The Loney Event Planning Group: Shirley Whyte, David Parks, Sue Comeau, John and Diane Mayba, Keith and Bernadette Wyton, Rosemary & Dave Ronalds, Penny Cote, and Josie Osborne.
For more info contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.