You can download the AVTTS Constitution and Bylaws here.
Proposed Constitution and Bylaw 2024
The following changes are proposed. See changes document below to see removals (in red) and additions (in green).
- Housekeeping Grammatical changes
- Addition of Section (h) UNDRIP
- First Paragraph: Housekeeping to refer to “Model Bylaws”
- Removal of UNDRIP declaration (moved to Constitution)
- Removal Point 1 and 2 referencing methods of ending Membership
- Modify “Termination of membership” Section 2.6
- Remove Point 3 on A Quorum of Members
- Modify Quorum of General Meetings to remove 10% voting members.
- Remove Point 4 “Members present must choose”. Redundant.
- Add Section 4.5 Term of Office of Directors
- Remove Point 5 on Borrowing
- Add Part 8 — Borrowing
Descriptive Model Bylaw
Below is a combination of the Model Bylaws from the Societies Regulation with the changes proposed in our Bylaws above. This would be the effective Bylaws of the Society if the proposed changes are approved. The document below is not an official document.