In 2014 the City of Port Alberni approved an Active Transportation Plan for the City of Port Alberni.
Since that time Cycle Alberni has used the plan as a guide in furthering active transportation, and specifically cycling, projects and recommendations.
In 2017 Cycle Alberni, in collaboration with ECOllaborate Now Consulting, undertook a review of the Port Alberni Active Transportation Plan (2014) as it pertains to cycling.
The report outlines:
- Actions that have taken,
- Research and best practices for further developments, and
- Recommendations for next steps.
The plan was presented to Council on September 18 2017. The presentation starts at the 5:48 mark in the video below.
- Report to Council
- Meeting Agenda
- Video of Presentation – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0as7RipA09A&feature=youtu.be
- Power Point Presentation
- Active Transportation Review Full Report
- Active Transportation Review Infrastructure Checklist
You must be logged in to post a comment.