Established in January 2015 as the sustainable transportation committee of the Alberni Valley Transition Town Society, Cycle Alberni brings together bike advocates from across sectors to collaborate on and promote cycling initiatives in Port Alberni.
Initiatives to date have included:
- Bike to Work & School Week
- Port Alberni Bike Rack Map
- Bike to School Education Pilot Project
- Raising awareness about Bike Theft and Hazard Mapping
- Supporting “Ride Don’t Hide,” City of Port Alberni bike lane development, and the YPVA Community Bike Rack Project
- Hosting three “Critical Mass” rides
Click on the links in green above to learn more about these initiatives!
For more information contact Cycle Alberni Chair:
John Mayba, djmayba(at)telus(dot)net