Join us in person at Char’s or by Zoom 6PM
We are in person again if you choose.
Time: October 20, 2021 – 6:00pm Pacific Time – Duration 1hr.
AVTT 2021 AGM – Agenda
- Acknowledgement of unceded territory – 6:00PM
- Greetings and Introductions – 6:05PM
- Approval of Agenda – 6:10PM
- Approval of Minutes – 6:15PM (below)
- Annual Reports from Directors/Officers 6:15PM
- President’s Report – linked here
- Treasurer’s Report
- Election of Directors/Officers 6:30
- ADJOURN – Thank you!
October 20, 2021 – Regular Meeting
- Unfinished Business and Current Topics 6:30
- Upcoming Events – 6:45
- Sub Group Reports – 6:35
- Education and Networking
- Food Group / Food Hub
- Cycle Alberni
- Ocean Friendly PA
- Watershed – Vancouver Island Water Watch Coalition
- Somass River Estuary Group
- Affiliated Groups (welcome to share if present)
- Alberni Climate Action
- Alberni Valley Nature Club
- Other Groups
- Finances – 6:50
- Current State of Accounts, Grants and Contracts – Rob
- New Business and Other Fun Stuff!
- ADJOURN – 7:00PM
Next Regular Meeting is November 17, 2021
Minutes from September 15 Regular Meeting
Meeting convened at 6:02 p.m.
Chris will provide minutes from August
Fall FairSmall space, went off well.
Bike Valet an assetthanks to booth staff
ACA delegation to Port Alberni Sept 27 at 2:00Saanich declared Climate Emergency, stuff started happening.Pavils Hawkins Municipalities in Transition mentoring and funding to get Port Alberni on the Transition Train.
Ocean FriendlyAugust 7 last clean-up. New liaison.
June Ross contacted Chris. She is the principal VI Water Watch Coalition, looking for a replacement from our Region and Chris is that. They want more organizations involved AVTTS is in.
Food Group restructuring. mentoring with ACRD Ag workers bursary, talking to other groups where Edna was involvedCycle Alberni Sept. 27 two weeks What incentives to participate. Prizes to those who register and log their kms Rob Dickinson put forward recommendations as approved by Cycle Alberni, intersection changes passed by council. Recognition by council of need for further changes. Prioritizing safety over convenience in relation to bike infrastructure. Metral Drive as an example of a complete street in a “lesser” municipality. Province seems to see Go By Bike as a successful program worthy of support. Possible expansion into funding from other sources.
- Current State of Accounts, Grants and Contracts
- Credit Union Debit Card
Food Hub Committee: $14,317.34
Food Hub Education: $496.59
Grow Local: $2,530.11
Cycle Alberni: $2,651.25
Shaun Loney: $2,668.88Adjourned at 7:06 p.m.