The next Transition Town Port Alberni meeting is July 22. It’ll be at Dan Schubarts again. There will only be two agenda items for the meeting.
#1: Submitting our application to the Transition Town Network so we can access their resources.
#2: Setting up our first public Open Space brainstorming and group forming type event. This was something that came out of our last meeting. We’ll need to figure out a good time and place.
That’s it! A light meeting for a summer evening. Snacks, tea and coffee will be provided of course.
Hope we can see you all there!
Tomorrow, Wednesday the 27th, is the 3rd meeting of TTPA. Everyone is welcome, bring friends. The time is 7:30PM at Dan Schubarts place. If you need directions, click on the calendar link here and you should be able to see a “map” link that will take you to Google Maps and show you exactly where to go.
Here’s the Agenda…
NOTE: If you would like a hard copy of this, or any, post on the TTPA Blog, just use the form and link at the bottom of the post to send yourself or a friend an email with this post attached in PDF file format.
- 7:30-7:45PM – Meet new folks and introduce everyone.
- 7:45-7:50PM – Tonights Agenda… Additions, Minute Taker?
- 7:50-8:30PM – Questions and Answers about Transition Towns
- Answer questions anyone has about TT
- Resources for more information (book suggestions, websites, etc) – (new book by Jeff Rubin? Review atwww.theoildrum.com)
- 8:30-9:30PM – FLIP CHART! – Our goals for the next 2-3 months?
- Formally charter/constitute TTPA (examples of other TT constititions available) – Work done by 4-5 person “core group”? Seperate from main group meetings? – Work through TT Response Form – linked on TTPA Blog FAQ #1 – to submit to TT Network
– Work through other TT Criteria at: http://transitiontowns.org/TransitionNetwork/Criteria
- Identify at least 5 Key Working Groups that will form once TTPA is official – What is your pet project? Energy, Food, City/Bylaw, Psychology/Social, Awareness, Transport?
- Awareness Raising – Continue these bi-weekly or monthly meetings as our “base” awareness raising, plan other events? – Peak Oil+CC Movie or Presentation + Intro About TT.
– – – – @ North Island College (evenings)?
– – – – @ High School?
– – – – @ Booth at Market?
– – – – @ Movie Theatre?
– – – – @ Park/Outdoor Movie
– – – – @ North Island College
- Identify Date and Plan for “Great Unleashing” (big coming out party) – When do we know we’re ready? How many members/list-followers/working groups? – What about “350” event in October? Get 350 people to form people-art in playing field. (example online)
- 9:30PM Additional Items / Next Meeting / Wrap Up