The next general meeting of Transition Towns Port Alberni is this Wednesday at 7:30PM at Dan Schubarts place, 5010 Bush St. (up Kitsuksis, over tracks, first left).
Here is the Agenda as I’ve drawn them up.
I unfortunately will have to miss this one due to a scheduling conflict with my day, and now evenings on Wednesdays, job! So I hope you all have fun without me and I expect a full report! :+)
#1: Welcome All new Members (Dan)
#2: When and Where are the Next Meetings? (Dan)
(anything but Wed is good for Chris 🙂 )
#3: Report / Discussion on Food Group happenings (Mike Lewis)
#6: Other Group updates/activity? (Energy – Myron , Awareness/Education – Mike-Dan-Julie)
#4: September 21 Avaaz.org Climate Change event (John Mayba)
#5: Feedback on Movie night and Next Movie Night (what movie, at Abbeyfield?) (Dan)
#6: Need to start talking about formal “Constitution” for Transition Towns in preparation for obtaining Official TT status.
#7: Other Business! (Can there be MORE? :+) )
Tomorrow, Wednesday the 27th, is the 3rd meeting of TTPA. Everyone is welcome, bring friends. The time is 7:30PM at Dan Schubarts place. If you need directions, click on the calendar link here and you should be able to see a “map” link that will take you to Google Maps and show you exactly where to go.
Here’s the Agenda…
NOTE: If you would like a hard copy of this, or any, post on the TTPA Blog, just use the form and link at the bottom of the post to send yourself or a friend an email with this post attached in PDF file format.
- 7:30-7:45PM – Meet new folks and introduce everyone.
- 7:45-7:50PM – Tonights Agenda… Additions, Minute Taker?
- 7:50-8:30PM – Questions and Answers about Transition Towns
- Answer questions anyone has about TT
- Resources for more information (book suggestions, websites, etc) – (new book by Jeff Rubin? Review atwww.theoildrum.com)
- 8:30-9:30PM – FLIP CHART! – Our goals for the next 2-3 months?
- Formally charter/constitute TTPA (examples of other TT constititions available) – Work done by 4-5 person “core group”? Seperate from main group meetings? – Work through TT Response Form – linked on TTPA Blog FAQ #1 – to submit to TT Network
– Work through other TT Criteria at: http://transitiontowns.org/TransitionNetwork/Criteria
- Identify at least 5 Key Working Groups that will form once TTPA is official – What is your pet project? Energy, Food, City/Bylaw, Psychology/Social, Awareness, Transport?
- Awareness Raising – Continue these bi-weekly or monthly meetings as our “base” awareness raising, plan other events? – Peak Oil+CC Movie or Presentation + Intro About TT.
– – – – @ North Island College (evenings)?
– – – – @ High School?
– – – – @ Booth at Market?
– – – – @ Movie Theatre?
– – – – @ Park/Outdoor Movie
– – – – @ North Island College
- Identify Date and Plan for “Great Unleashing” (big coming out party) – When do we know we’re ready? How many members/list-followers/working groups? – What about “350” event in October? Get 350 people to form people-art in playing field. (example online)
- 9:30PM Additional Items / Next Meeting / Wrap Up